Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for Alanna, the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

This was my first read of this book and my first by Tamora Pierce. Unlike a lot of reviews around my age (19) I didn’t first read this book in my younger teen years, and I only wish that I had because I think it would have become one of my very favourite childhood books and I would have re read it over and over the years. I couldn’t give this book 5 stars as for me now the writing was just a little bit too young to fully enjoy that’s why I only wish I’d read it when I was younger because I think I would have loved it even more. However this book was still immensely enjoyable and I feel like I’ll enjoy the books more and more as Alanna gets older as with her being between the ages of 10 and 13 in this book I didn’t connect with her as much as someone younger may be able to. Over all this was a really promising start and I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the Song of the Lioness series to find out what happens to Alanna and co next. My Rating 4/5 stars ****
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo