Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I’ve had this book waiting to be read on my shelf for a while now and I have no idea why I haven’t picked it up sooner. It’s a short read being only 200 and something pages long but it’s so beautiful. Mia has it all a loving boyfriend a wonderful family and a bright future. That is until one cold February morning when Mia and her family are in a car accident. Mia’s mother and farther die instantly and Mia is left in a coma. Whilst in this coma Mia’s able to observe what’s going on around her and realises that she gets to make the decision to stay or let go and die. Life as she knew it has changed and Mia has to decide with the help of the friends and family around her at the hospital whether life could be worth waking up to. This is such a gorgeous read one of my favourite passages is at the very start as Mia describes how her mom at the front passenger seat got hit in a way that cushioned the blow for her and her brother which summed her mother up to a T. I was in tears through most of this book but also smiling through them at the hope it displays also. Definitely a book I would recommend I give it 4.5 stars. My Rating 4.5/5 stars ****1/2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo