Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for The Love of My Life by Louise Douglas

I picked this one up on a rainy evening when I wanted something tragic and romantic to read and this fitted what I needed perfectly. ‘I miss him with every breath and heartbeat. He should have been my happy ending. Instead, he is the sad beginning to my story.’ This book begins with Olivia fleeing Watersford where her husband Luca has recently been buried to return to London to stay with her sister after a blow up with Luca’s family. Olivia then tells her story switching from after the funeral to her childhood and teenage years growing up with her sweetheart Luca. As the story goes on you get to find out what Olivia done that was so terrible that Luca’s family has spent her entire marriage to Luca making her feel unwelcome and shunned, How her and Luca fell in love, and why now after the funeral Olivia is sleeping with Luca’s twin brother Marc… I really enjoyed this one. It was a nice tragic romance that dealt with the grief side of it very well. An impressive debut and I’m very much looking forward to reading Louise Douglas’ second novel Missing You soon. 4 stars. My Rating 4/5 stars ****
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo