Thursday 24 June 2010

Review for The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer

I wasn’t originally going to buy this book as soon as it came out but seems as I happened to be in a bookshop on the day of its release (who’d a thought it huh?) and noticed it going for £5 I thought what the hell? So I got home and decided to read it pretty much straight away and if I could describe this book in one word it would be pointless. Ok here’s the thing. This is a short eclipse novella so we already know what’s going to happen. Secondly the heroine of this book is Bree Tanner who we know is going to die. So when you start off reading this you don’t really let yourself become too attached to Bree knowing her fate, not that the book gives you much time to get to know her with it being so short. The only part of this book that’s kind of interesting is that you get to see how newborn vampires behave in the twilight world, which I admittedly did love because it was so different compared to the good vampires in twilight. So that being the only thing you get from this book I was left thinking what was the point in that? I don’t really get why Stephenie felt compelled to write it. Maybe to actually add to the twilight saga a book that’s well written because admittedly this book is much like her novel the host in the fact that the writings a lot better. I think with this one fans will either love it or be left feeling like I did. Don’t get me wrong I do like twilight I was an avid fan at one point, but this one just didn’t hit the spot for me. Overall I’d say this is a good read with classic Stephenie Meyer touches but kind of pointless. 3.5 stars. My Rating 3.5/5 stars ***1/2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo