Friday 16 July 2010

Book Hauling Road trip! What did we see? What did we buy? What did we do?

Hey guys, so I figured it was time to do my post on the bookish road trip I went on. In case some of you don’t know me and my best friend Rachel @ In the library of ladyviolet went travelling around bookshops in the midlands purely to find books and visit some bookshops. On the first day we went to visit our good friend and fellow book blogger Ellie @ Musings of a bookshop girl who has her own little second hand bookshop Book End.I ended up raiding the bookmarks there as they had some really cool bookish ones and I’m quiet the bookmark addict! I also ended up getting a few books and the lovely Ellie gave me one of them free which was very nice of her! Sadly with Ellie working and all we couldn’t spend as much time with her chatting as we would of liked and so went off to look around some other bookshops in the area, but we made sure to stop by Book End after our shopping to say our goodbyes to Ellie and show her what we got. I loved both Ellie and Book End and honestly didn’t want to leave - however we’re planning on doing another road trip like this before Rachel heads back off to Uni at the end of summer so it wont be long until we can see Ellie and the shop again, yay! Seems as we were in the area next we headed off to look around Chatsworth house which was gorgeous. I only wish it wasn’t raining so we could have looked around the gardens but never mind it’s always something we can do next time! So after a rather long bookish day we headed back to Rachel’s house to do some Vlog’s on what we got up to and then crashed because we were so tired. The next day we woke up bright and early (yes bright it actually wasn’t raining!) and raided Rachel’s local bookshops. We found so many bargains that it was almost like fate and we actually blew all of our money and had to go back to Rachel’s early – this is probably why the fates decided we would live close together but not too close as it’s really quiet dangerous to our bank balances to be together in a bookshop for a great length of time. So then we tottered back to Rachel’s skint but rather content and by the time we had some lunch it was time for us to go and pick up Rachel’s sister from school so we could go and watch eclipse! I actually really enjoyed eclipse it’s definitely the best out of the films so far. By this point however I was starting to feel really ill so we had to cut the trip short there for me to go home and rest. Three days later I’m starting to feel a bit better so decided to finally do this post and catch up with my blog. I miss Rach sooo much already and really wish we could have had more time with Ellie :( Hopefully it wont be too long until our next trip though so I can see two of my most very favourite people in the world again! Over all I had a fantastic time (being ill aside) and over the two days we got a total of 38 books, 22 books being mine! Please go and check out both Ellie and Rachel’s book blogs, and have a nose at the pictures we took and the vlog’s we made (Vlogs can be found on Rachel's Youtube Chanel HERE) I’m now going to be counting down the days until the next trip! My Books Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld The Magician's Guild - Trudi Canavan The Secret Scripture - Sebastian Barry Petals on the Wind - Virginia Andrews Desire - Louise Bagshawe Be Careful What you Wish for - Alexandra Potter Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris The Bed I Made - Lucie Whitehouse The Forbidden Game - L.J. Smith Into the Garden - Virginia Andrews My Single Friend - Jane Costello Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris Lucky - Alice Sebold Numbers - Rachel Ward Hunger - Michael Grant Cross Stitch - Diana Gabaldon Club Dead - Charlaine Harris My Worst Best Friend - Dyan Sheldon The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory By Midnight - Mia James Flowers in the Attic - Virginia Andrews Cuban Heels - Emily Barr Rachel's Books A Kiss in Time - Alex Flinn Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman The Sky is Everywhere - Janny Nelson Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink The Alchemist's Daughter - Katherine McMahon The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler Gone - Lisa McMann Crusade - Robyn Young The Summer I turned Pretty - Jenny Han Dreamland - Sarah Dessen Sister's Red - Jackson Pearce Requiem - Robyn Young Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers Guitar Girl - Sarah Manning By Midnight - Mia James

4 comments :

  1. *hugs* So glad you're feeling better hun - you know you left your make-up wipes at mine? lol shall I post them or are you good with just buying another pack :P
    Nearly 50 followers!! *eeeee!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun idea!! I may have to grab a couple of the bloggers around me and do that! That house in the picture is gorgeous! Where are you at? I'm assuming not in the states, right?

    I hope you start to feel better. At least you have lots of books to get you by while in bed! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach- *hugs* thank you hun! Hehe no I'm all good we've got some more here so feel free to keep them or throw them away.

    Tanya- You really should do it. It's such a fun experiance. I'm from the UK. Yes gives me an excuse to do lots of reading :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, I posted here too! It was so wonderful to meet you guys - and your vlogs added about a million books to my wishlist! - and I dropped by to see if you were feeling better... Hope it wasn't anything too nasty, just enough to allow you to lay around reading and being looked after! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo