Friday 9 July 2010

Review for Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

I’ve wanted this book ever since I very first heard about it months ago. I really love fairytale re-tellings and seems as this is a re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood I knew I had to add it to my collection. What I didn’t realise however was that this has been released in the UK so I was really happy when I found it in a bookshop and realised I didn’t have to order it off Amazon. Scarlett and Rosie March hunt Fenris (Werewolves) and have done ever since a wolf entered their home, killed their grandmother, and left Scarlett one eye short and covered in horrendous scars whilst killing the wolf to save her younger sister Rosie. Scarlett lives for the hunt, strong and ruthless she’ll do anything to take the Fenris down and protect her sister. Sweet Rosie hunts because she feels like she owes it to her sister for saving her life but really just wants to be a normal teenage girl. There are only male werewolves and they only feed off young pretty girls so the sisters are the perfect prey especially when they wear their red capes as the Fenris can’t resist the colour red. The sisters are a lethal team but when Scarlett’s old hunting partner Silas comes back after a year away and falls for Rosie the sisters get caught up in more wolf business than they ever imagined… I really enjoyed this book. I loved both Rosie and Scarlett they were such awesome kick ass characters and I really loved the plot and how it was such a funky modern re-telling of Red Riding Hood. I couldn’t give this 5 stars though as I guessed the ending straight off the bat and I was right so that took away from the book a little for me as I would have liked to have been surprised. I’m not sure if this is the start of a new series but I really hope we’ll see more from The March sisters, if there’s a sequel I’ll definitely be buying it! 4 stars. My Rating 4/5 stars ****
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo