Thursday 12 August 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Evolution: Have your reading choices changed over the years? Or pretty much stayed the same? (And yes, from childhood to adulthood we usually read different things, but some people stick to basically the same kind of book their entire lives, so…) Yes I think it has. When I was a child I loved reading fantasy books like Narnia, Harry Potter etc; but then when I hit my early teens I would read nothing but chick-lit and teen realism books. I think mainly because it was what I could relate to with all these hormones raging around, suddenly taking an interest in boys and being in high school. I’d read books like The Gossip girl series, books by Sarah Dessen, Laurie Halse Anderson and for the adult chick lit books by Marian Keyes, Jane Green and Cecilia Ahern. Between the ages of 14 and 18 my reading changed again. I was going through a hard time with an abusive boyfriend and couldn’t relate to my fluffy girly romance books anymore so instead I sought out Horrors, thrillers and just all around sad realism books as it was just something I related to at the time and it matched my mood. It was then that I discovered my beloved Stephen King and Jodi Picoult books. I don’t really read any thrillers now as they tend to make me jumpy these days but Stephen King and Jodi Picoult have remained two of my favourite authors and I read them still to this day. Then of course Twilight hit the big time and like most of you out there I read it and fell in love with YA fiction all over again I immediately after reading the saga sought out some more YA books ( one of them being the wonderful Hunger Games) and the rest is history. These days my reading is a mish mash of all of the above books I’ve mentioned. I love my fantasy books, My YA, chick lit and the odd adult fiction book here and there. My taste in books has definitely changed over the years not in a way in which I abandon books in favour of others but more in a way that I’m trying a lot of different genres and adding them along to my reading. No wonder my to be read pile is now known as Mount To be read hey? ;) I hope you enjoyed my answer this week. Please feel free to leave me a comment with your answers :)

3 comments :

  1. My preference didn't so much change, as it did...evolve. Here's My BTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read all kinds of books as a kid, but now I mainly read fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for paranormal stuff (which I can't get into even after trying few times), I have always read pretty much everything. My reading depends a lot on my book but it is always evolving...

    Here is my BTT: Evolution post!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo