Monday 9 August 2010

Review for Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

I was going to get this book when it was out in hardcover but I’m so glad I waited for it to come out in paperback. Not because it’s a bad book - no quiet the contrary but because the cover for this book is gorgeous. I love it and down the side of the book there’s a beautiful paisley design. A very pretty one for on your bookshelf and what’s inside this book is just as gorgeous. It’s only a short book being just over 200 pages long but it packs a punch. I read this one last Sunday and couldn’t put it down here’s a little bit on what it’s about. ‘‘You think he’s yours, but he’s not.’’ I thought. ‘‘You think he’s yours but really he’s mine.’’ Ever since Holly’s mom died 6 months ago Holly’s felt numb. Desperate to feel something- anything - Holly loses her virginity to Paul in what she assumes is a one night stand. After all, what would popular, gorgeous Paul see in ordinary Holly? Especially when he’s dating perfect, blond Saskia. But to Holly’s surprise Paul wants to continue their secret affair which is fine by Holly. Paul makes her feel good something she desperately needs. But when Holly’s paired up with Saskia at school and the girls begin to form a friendship Holly realises that what she’s needed all along is a friend and now that she’s got one she might lose her. Holly’s gone about trying to find love the completely wrong way because all along the kind of love Holly’s really needed is the love only she can give to herself. This book was so much more than what I expected it to be. I really liked Holly and Saskia and wanted the best for both girls. This is a book about making the wrong decisions and learning to live with the consequences, it’s about learning what truly matters in this world and that despite everything you have to love yourself. I got teary eyed a few times whilst reading this, its just such a real book. Holly makes mistakes and learns from them along the way whilst all the time grieving for her mother making her incredibly endearing. This is definitely a book I would recommend if you’re looking for a quick yet brilliant summer read. I now can’t wait for Lauren’s second novel ‘Her and Me and You’ to come out. 4 stars. My Rating 4/5 stars ****

2 comments :

  1. This sounds like a sweet book--thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. I must read it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo