Tuesday 3 August 2010

Teaser Tuesday - The Iron King

Hey guys, its time to do one of my very favourite bookish meme’s Teaser Tuesday! I started a really awesome book yesterday and can’t wait to share a teaser with you all. I started The Iron King by Julie Kagawa and although I’m only 50 pages in I really like it so far. The second books just come out and I’ve heard so much hype about this book that I decided to finally pick it up and read it. My teaser will be somewhere in the first 50 pages as I don’t want to spoil myself! Here it is… Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do the following: * Grab your current read * Open to a random page * Share two (2) "Teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page * BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! * Share the title and author as well so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser! My Teaser
''My mother lay on her back on the checkered tile floor, arms and legs flung akimbo, one side of her face covered in glistening crimson. Her purse, its contents scattered everywhere, lay beside one limp white hand. Standing over her in the doorway, his head cocked to one side like a curious cat, was Ethan. And he was smiling.''
pg 49 of The Iron King by Julie Kagawa Hope you enjoyed my teaser for this week, make sure you leave me a comment with your Teaser Tuesdays, and if you’ve read the book let me know what you thought :)

7 comments :

  1. Wow! Great excerpt. I thought The Iron King was a great book!

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many questions after reading that teaser! I have been seeing this everywhere and really need to add this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great teaser!

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek sounds disturbing! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that's an awesome teaser! So intense. I really want to read this book.

    Here's my teaser: http://read-a-holic-blog.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-2-and-book-releases.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing teaser- totally makes me want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, makes me want more!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo