Thursday 16 September 2010

Booking Through Thursday

Day and Night “I couldn’t sleep a wink, so I just read and read, day and night … it was there I began to divide books into day books and night books,” she went on. “Really, there are books meant for daytime reading and books that can be read only at night.”- The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera, p. 103. Do you divide your books into day and night reads? How do you decide? I only tend to read one book at a time so no I don’t really have day and night books. When I read a book I just get lost in the world and want to read it at every moment I have free whether that’s day time or night time. However if I’m reading something supernatural and dark I look forward to creating the mood and reading it that night and if I’m reading a beachy summer read I enjoy reading my book outside during the day to fit the mood for that. But over all no I don’t choose a particular book to fit in with the evening or day if I did it would probably take me an extra half an hour on top of the hours I usually spend on deciding on what book to read next so I think it’s a good thing that I don’t! How about you? Do you have book’s you save for the night or devour during the day? Leave me a comment with your answer :)

4 comments :

  1. I am kinda like you, but, not completely. But, mostly, I am a one book at a time kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you...I just read whatever I'm reading whenever I have the time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm sort of like you, too. I'm a one-book kind of girl.

    Though we differ in our preference for scary! Lol, I run AWAY from creating the mood for scary stories -- I read THOSE during the daytime only! :P

    Here's my Day and Night response :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some books are best read during the day.

    Here's why I think so.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo