Thursday 16 September 2010

Bookish News: Read an extract of Jennifer Donnelly's highly anticipated new novel Revolution and more!

As you all know I love historical fiction and one of my all time favourite historical fiction books is A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly. It was actually one of the very first historical fiction books I ever read being only 14 when I first picked it up and it was the first book that really got me into the genre. I only ever got to borrow it from the Library and since then I’ve been meaning to buy my own copy but thanks to the lovely Emma at Bloomsbury I received a copy for review this week and let me tell you I’m so excited to re-read it now 7 years on and fall in love with it all over again. It comes highly recommended and I shall be reading it soon so keep your eyes peeled for a review to learn more about that. On top of that Jennifer Donnelly has a new novel coming out soon the highly anticipated Revolution! I’m so excited for this book! Here’s a little bit about what it’s about. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly BROOKLYN: Andi Alpers is on the edge. She’s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for not being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And she’s about to be expelled from Brooklyn Heights’ most prestigious private school when her father intervenes. Now Andi must accompany him to Paris for winter break. PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape. Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present. Revolution will be published in the US by Random House/Delacorte on October 12th and in the UK by Bloomsbury on October 13th. Click here to read extracts of A Gathering Light and Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. You might also like to check out Jennifer Donnelly's website. I hope you will all check out the links above Jennifer Donnelly is such an amazing writer if you buy her books you’ll be in for a real treat! So why not jump on the wagon now and pick up a copy of A Gathering Light? And brace yourself for Revolution! Thanks to Bloomsbury for providing the links!

1 comment :

  1. I've read Revolution and thought it was fantastic! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo