Friday 12 November 2010

Book Bloggers Hop & Follow My Book Blog Friday!

Hello to all my wonderful followers and to hopefully some potential new ones! This Friday I’m participating in The Book Bloggers hop which is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books and Follow my Book Blog Friday that’s hosted over at Parajunkee's View if you wish to take part please stop by there and sign the Mr Linky. This week’s question from the hop is… "If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?" My answer: Always, always, always! I’m very particular about reading books in order. Even if it’s a spin off series that catches my eye I will always read the first series first- just because I don’t want to feel like I’m missing out on something and if the books are great then I’d want to read them in their proper order. Before I buy a book I always check up on the author and see if they’ve released anything else before it because sometimes I even like to read an author whose books aren’t necessarily part of a series in order of the release date especially if old characters make a brief re-appearance. Like Sarah Dessen’s books for example she’s famous for doing that. So I guess to cut this answer short I would never EVER read a series out of order I can’t think of anything worse! Well I hope your all enjoying my blog and I hope some of you decide to follow! Feel free to leave me a link to your blog and let me know your answer to this week’s question. It’s great to have you all here!

14 comments :

  1. Hi, Jess! Old follower here. :) I always read a series from the first book too and in order. It's less confusing that way and they are a series for a reason. :)

    have a nice weekend!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from FF. I'm a new follower.

    I like to start a series from the first book as well. I feel like I'm misisng a lot if I don't!

    Have a nice weekend.

    Carla
    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! Old follower. Just stopping by to say Hi! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about reading the Sarah Dessen novels in order of publication because it DOES make sense how she has re-occurring characters. I'm all over the place with those books! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by from the FF. I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books. I may have to check them out. I've been known to start all over the place in a series. I started the Mercy Thompson series on book 3...That explains why I was kinda confused about somethings. Anyway....

    I'm a new follower! Have a great weekend!

    Jamie
    http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way, I always read a series in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I'm stopping by for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday. I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Reading!

    I'm an old follower.

    Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopped in to say hi. I am with you on the whole not reading a book out of order. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday, Jess!

    Old follower here. I’m doing all three of the Friday blog runs. I don’t limit myself to budget with books. I just love to read and write so that line is always doable for me. And Yes, I love start a series at the 1st book.

    http://www.judithleger.blogspot.com
    http://www.judithleger.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, just hopping by, I totally agree on the book thing. I went through some of your reviews, and I'm now a new follower. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Caroline, Words & Whispers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm an old follower :)

    I do prefer to read series in the right order but I will admit to sometimes reading them the wrong way round when I can't get hold of a copy.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. Old follower. I definitely like reading books in order...unless the order really doesn't matter - like companion books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey hopper! like SJH i prefer to read a series in order, but often i pick up a later book in the series in the library, and then i just think oh well! i wish i had your dedication!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo