Wednesday 5 January 2011

Review for Entangled by Cat Clarke

"The same questions whirl round and round in my head: What does he want from me? How could I have let this happen? AM I GOING TO DIE? 17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with a table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got here. As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see? Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here?" So as you can gather from the synopsis, when you open Entangled you really have no idea what’s going on and what this story’s going to be about and that’s totally the way it should be. Cat Clarke is an author who keeps her hand of cards close to her chest only giving you hints and clues as to what’s going to be dealt out making this book completely enthralling. At the beginning of Entangled you have no idea what’s going on. You don’t know Grace’s story or where she is or how she came to be there. This book starts at the end and works its way backward, Grace unravelling her story to you a little bit at a time. It wasn’t until I was half way through Entangled that I started to get an inkling of what might be happening and even then there were so many possibilities to what’s happened to Grace that you want to keep reading to find out the result. This book has so many twists and turns that although the actual outcome was one of my theories it wasn’t exactly what I expected it to be which I loved! This book keeps you on your toes. It’s unpredictable and it surprises you which is one of the many things I loved about it. As a reader I would recommend going into this book knowing as little as possible which is why I’m not going to go into the plot any more than that. Cat Clarke is a fantastic debut author that we Brits can really be proud to call our own. The characters of Grace, Nat and Sal feel so incredibly real. Whilst their not perfect I never found myself disliking any of them because although I may not necessarily have agreed with all of their actions I could understand why they did the things they did. They’re not perfect by any means but their real, humane and hugely relatable. This is a book about forgiveness for others and yourself. It’s about hope and accepting that you and others have faults. It’s about learning to live and be happy in spite of that. It’s about how easy it is for us all to get tangled in lies and guilt and hurt. I can’t begin to tell you how much I loved this book. I gobbled it up in a day because I just could not get enough. It was the perfect book to start the New Year with and I will now be measuring all books I read this year up to the incredibly high standard Entangled has set. This is a must read for everyone. My Rating 5/5 stars ***** Thanks go to Quercus for sending me this book to review. Entangled is available in all good bookshops across the UK or available online on 6th January. Synopsis taken from goodreads

7 comments :

  1. I'm glad to see a great review for this - I read one that was not so stellar. I'm loving the premise and sound of the characters. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I am looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I can't wait for this book! It sounds great, and the cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome review! I've been on the fence about this one but I'll have to give it a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... I am loving the love of Cat and her Britishness. Yay for brand new brilliant exciting talent from the UK. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great review. This book sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you're kept in the dark. I LOVE secrets...when they're in novels. ;)

    must.read.this.book.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo