Thursday 17 March 2011

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them! (11)

The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it! Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!
My Pick for this Week
Crossed by Ally Condie
I read and loved the first book in this fantastic series Matched last year and have eagerly been awaiting this covers release to see how it would live up to the funky cover for the first book, and I’ve gotta say I really like what they’ve done. I love how she’s breaking out of the bubble that held her trapped in the first book I think that it sends a very straightforward message as to what we can expect from book two- lots of awesome rebellion! People who’ve read Matched may also have noticed that the colour of the books also represent the colours of the tablets. They’ve used the same model as they used for Matched and I think this book cover is going to look gorgeous standing right next to it on my bookshelf. To sum up I think this works perfectly. Can’t wait to see it in the flesh this November! So that’s my cover for this week. Feel free to leave me comments letting me know what you think of this week’s pick and if you ever get insane lust over a book cover, does a lovely cover influence you buying the book? Let me know and don’t forget to stop by Rachel’s blog to find out what cover she’d like to Lick this week!

7 comments :

  1. I love this cover! It's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cover too. I didn't love Matched, but I'm still interested to see where the story will go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! l love love love this cover =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, this one doesn't do it as much for me as the original did. I like the symbolism, but it's just not as beautifu as MATCHED, I don't think. Still like it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read 'Matched'but I'm sure I'll get to it when I'm in the mood,I like this new cover more than the 'Matched'one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Matched one is better but this one is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a GREAT cover. I love the continuity.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo