Thursday 28 April 2011

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them! (15) and update

Hi guys, so it’s been a week since I last posted and I feel like I owe you guys an explanation. Things are kind of crazy for me personally right now. I have been SO busy with day to day life and have barely had any time to read never mind blog. On top of being super busy I’ve been having computer troubles again, it’s very on and off at the moment (quite literally) and seems that I’ve been having so many problems with it that it looks like it’s on its last legs. This means that I’m going to have to save to buy a new laptop and in the meantime work with what I have with far less posts going up until the foreseeable future. On top of computer troubles I’ve also been having crippling ear ache, I went to the doctors yesterday and it turns out I have a nasty ear infection. At the minute I am quite literally deaf in one ear so that’s really been bumming me out and is incredibly painful. Overall it’s not been happy sunny times over here at the moment resulting in my unexpected week from blogging. I guess I just wanted to let you guys know that I’m still here and have some exciting things planned for the blog there just having to take a bit of a backseat at the moment with real life getting in the way. Hopefully I will have some posts up over the next few weeks for you guys and will be back to full time blogging with a brand spanking new laptop in a couple of weeks :-) In the meantime here’s another fresh batch of cover loveliness…
The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it! Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!
My Pick for this Week
Hades by Alexandra Adornetto
I love, Love, LOVE this cover! The cover for the first book in this series Halo completely rocked my socks off and is definitely up there with my most favourite covers ever. I really didn’t know how they were going to create a second cover to live up to it but I think they’ve done a fantastic job with Hades. While the first book had a softer more romantic cover Hades looks full of action and danger. I love the colours and the shadow effects and how it all looks very sinister. Whilst it’s a very different cover compared to Halo I think it can proudly stand next to it and will have readers very interested to find out what’s going to happen next. I think the detail on the motorbike is gorgeous and it literally looks as if all hell is about to break loose! Honestly who wouldn’t want to pick up this book to find out what happens? I love this cover and can’t wait to see it in the flesh come August! So that’s my cover for this week. Feel free to leave me comments letting me know what you think of this week’s pick and if you ever get insane lust over a book cover, does a lovely cover influence you buying the book? Let me know and don’t forget to stop by Rachel’s blog to find out what cover she’d like to Lick this week!

6 comments :

  1. I hope you feel better soon, and you have my sympathies with the computer trouble, you never realise how much we rely on them until they don't work properly.

    Great pick!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really different from HALO but also a stunner! Great cover designer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is very striking with the sihloutettes against the sky! I hope you are feeling better soon and get all your computer troubles sorted out- don't feel bad about a backseat. We'll all still be here for you when you come back fully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am there with you for Hades! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, l seen another cover for this and didn't like it at all but l really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I hadn't seen this cover until now, it's amazing! It completely fits with Halo, but I LOVE the new colours... Sympathies on the ear infection my darling - I think I've got one myself that's been going on far too long, but I hate going to the docs! Fortunately it's not painful - at least, not at the moment - but something's most definitely wrong and I'm stone dead in that ear, like I've got an ear plug in or something. Jeez, what a pair we are!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, opinions, and input make my day and help make this blog a better place, I reply to all comments so don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo