Saturday 18 January 2014

Letterbox Love (35) First Book Haul of the Year!



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.

Why, hello there Letterbox Lovers! I haven't done one of these things since October. My reason? I'm being really choosy with what I accept for review these days and with the books I actually buy. I've found myself being really picky with the books I read recently - which I don't think is a bad thing - but it does mean that gone are the days of mega book hauls which is kind of sad but I'm actually really enjoying being selective with my reading. It's all about quality over quantity! There are actually only 5 books on my wishlist that are out right now which is kind of crazy. Anyway, I digress. I do have a book haul for you today which consists of all of the books I've acquired so far in January. It's my 24th birthday next Thursday so I might be back with another little haul next week. I'm not sure how often I'll be taking part in Letterbox Love in the future but I will be doing them whenever I have enough books to put together to do a post. Here's my haul for January so far!

 For Review


Looking For JJ by Anne Cassidy
I first read and loved Looking For JJ when I was a teenager and with the anticipated sequel Finding Jennifer Jones finally out next month the publishers have very kindly sent me the first book to re-read and refresh my memory ready for the sequel! I hope I love this just as much the second time around.
The Three by Sarah Lotz (Proof Copy)
This book was a total surprise, I hadn't even heard of it until it landed on my doorstep from the publishers but after reading the synopsis I am SO excited to read this! It sounds so strange and creepy and I HAVE to know what's going on. I have high hopes for this.
Finding Jennifer Jones by Anne Cassidy
This arrived along with Looking For JJ and I plan on reading and reviewing both books back to back soon!
The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon
I've been so excited for this book ever since I heard about it! Paige Toon is a hugely successful writer of women's fiction and this is her first venture into YA revolving around the daughter of Johnny Jefferson from her adult novels Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine.
It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning
This book came as another surprise! I received a proof copy at the end of last year and this week I was sent a gorgeous finished copy. I love Sarra's YA books and have yet to read one of her chick-lit novels so this will be a fantastic place to start. Really looking forward to reading this soon!

e-books

  

Netgalley and Edelweiss have been full of tempting goodies lately which is where I got all of these apart from Making Faces which I bought after reading the synopsis and seeing the Beauty and the Beast comparison. After receiving a new Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas I have been loving reading on my Kindle even more than usual lately and I'm really looking forward to reading these beauties!

As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^ 

 Happy reading till next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo