Friday 28 November 2014

A Bookish Christmas Q&A

Today I'm getting festive on the blog with A Bookish Christmas Q&A a fun little idea I had for a blog post way back in August. This Q&A combines two of my great loves books and Christmas and I had so much fun putting this post together. I hope you enjoy reading it and if you'd like to answer the questions yourself to add some festive fun to your own blog do feel free!


1.) Advent Calendar: what's the next big book release you're counting down to?
A book release that I'm counting down to is The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson this book is out on the 1st January so I haven't got much longer to wait! All of my blogger friends who've been lucky enough to read this early have been raving about it and if I receive some money or a gift card for Christmas you can bet that this will be the first book I pre-order! The Art of Being Normal is a UKYA Contemporary about a boy who wants to be a girl and it sounds like it's going to be a really powerful and moving read.

2.) Snow Day: which best friends from a book could keep you entertained all day long?
I'm going to go with a recent favourite friendship of mine and that is Delia and Emma's from It's Not Me It's You by Mhairi McFarlane. These girls made me laugh out loud and I closed the book wanting to be their third BFF. I'm sure with these two around a day inside would fly by as we drink wine by the fire and chat with the Peshwari Naan online.

3.) The Nativity: which book/series would you most like to see adapted into a movie, TV show, play etc?
I'd actually really love to see Dash and Lily's Book of Dares translated into a Christmas movie. I think that the scavenger hunt across Manhattan and gorgeous bookish romance would make for the most perfect festive film.

4.) Carol Singing: which musical book character/s would you like to turn up on your doorstep caroling this Christmas? 
I've really thought about this one and I've decided that Mia and Adam from If I Stay would be perfect. Mia on her cello and Adam singing Silent Night would be so beautiful.


5.) The Perfect Gift: which book from your wish list would you most like to find under your tree on Christmas morning?
There's actually not a whole lot of books on my Christmas wish list this year - a lot of the ones I really want aren't out until next year now. Two that are on my wish list that I know have already been bought for me are Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King and Girl Online by Zoe Sugg - I'm so looking forward to reading them both!

6.) Do You Want To Build a Snowman? What do you think are the key ingredients for a life like character?
I think that what makes a character feel real to me is when they feel like they've got a past and a future outside of the story that I'm reading, like I'm only getting a glimpse into a short time in their lives. I also like characters to not feel too perfect, I'm all for flaws and character growth.

7.) Tree, Tinsel, Fairy Lights: most decorative book cover of 2014?
One of my favourite covers of 2014 is for Winterspell by Claire Legrand. I'm a sucker for a purple cover and this looks beautiful and haunting all at once.


8.) Christmas Kisses: which book crush from this year would you most like to kiss underneath the mistletoe?
Choosing just one is hard! But I'm going to go with Ben from You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher. Ben stole my heart from the very beginning of this book. He's kind, selfless and loyal and is exactly my type.

9.) Snow Ball Fight: a book that you thought would be a lot of fun but left you feeling cold.
A book that comes to mind is Conversion by Katherine Howe. I was highly anticipating this book and it sounded like something I would love and so when I didn't end up enjoying this one I was pretty sad.

10.) Christmas Traditions: a book that you read over and over again.
With a massive TBR pile that never seems to go down I don't have much time for re-reading these days but a book series that I always return to and have re-read more times than I can count are the Harry Potter books. I can't see that ever changing!


11.) The Night Before Christmas: a book that kept you up reading late into the night.
The last book that did that for me was The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. This is hands down one of the craziest books I've ever read and I could not put it down not only because I wanted to see how this series would end but because of the none stop action and revelations! This book completely gripped me and had my heart racing - definitely not one to pick up for some light bedtime reading!

12.) Rudolph: which book shone the brightest for you this year? 
There's still another month of this year to go so I don't want to commit to a favourite book of the year just yet but a book that always comes to mind when I think of my favourite books of 2014 is The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I fell in love with everything about this book and for me Jojo Moyes can do no wrong.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo