Sunday 16 November 2014

Letterbox Love (43)



Letterbox Love is a meme hosted by Lynsey @ Narratively Speaking for UK based book bloggers to showcase the books that they’ve received each week.


The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson (For Review)
I read the first novella in this series when it was first published as an e-book but when I found out that all of the stories would be released in a bound physical book I decided to wait so I could read them all back to back! I'm so glad that I decided to wait because the cover is lush! This came in a brilliant little goodie bag from the publishers along with posters, an OPI nail polish and buttons so thank you to the awesome team at Walker for this!
The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick (For Review)
I read my first Marcus Sedgwick book 'She is Not Invisible' this summer and completely fell in love with his writing. The synopsis for this one sounds so intriguing and the book is designed so that you can read it in any order you like and it'll still make sense. I'll be picking it up very soon!
The Ice Twins by S. K. Tremayne (Proof Copy, For Review)
This is an advance 2015 proof copy and I'm so excited for this thriller! The blurb on the proof cover has me very intrigued to find out what exactly happened on the night that one of the Moorcraft twins died.
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan (Won, Signed)
I won this on Twitter from the publisher and it arrived today along with some buttons that tie in to the book and a cute little owl manicure set. This sounds like such a fun read and it's signed!



The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (Proof Copy, For Review)
I actually (to my shame) have never read one of Holly Black's books before but have been meaning to change that for some time. This is her upcoming 2015 release and it sounds so good! I got to hear Holly speak about this book at YALC and I've been intrigued ever since.
Captive by A.J. Grainger (Proof Copy, For Review)
The press release that came with this book pitched this as being perfect for fans of Homeland and Gone Girl two of my faves so I have high hopes for this one!
The Year of Taking Chances by Lucy Diamond (Proof Copy, For Review)
This sounds like the perfect book to kick the new year off with! I love those new year, new me type books and this sounds like perfect early 2015 reading material.
Waiting For Doggo by Mark B. Mills (Proof Copy, For Review)
You guys know that I am a massive dog lover (and lover of all animals in general really) so I've had my eye on this book for a while. My own dog Dylan isn't well with terminal cancer so I'll be picking the right moment to read this one when my emotions can handle it.



In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken (Bought)
I loved The Darkest Minds but wasn't crazy about Never Fade so we'll see how I get on with this final book. I'm excited to see how the trilogy is wrapped up and if I get my questions answered!
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Bought)
I loooovvveee this series and feel like I've been waiting for this final book forever! For some reason my US first edition pre-order didn't come signed like it was suppose to so I don't really know what happened there and I'm pretty gutted about it. I don't really want to go to the hassle of sending it back though because I have waited for this book for too long and plan to read it very soon!
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (Bought)
I read the first two books in this series earlier this year and it's quickly become one of my favourite series of all time. Seriously, if you like Throne of Glass or Shadow and Bone you need to check this series out! I'm so excited to read Annith's story but am not looking forward to this series being over already!

 As always thank you to the lovely publishing folk for the review copies. If you decided to do a Letterbox Love, Book Haul, IMM, Showcase Sunday, Mailbox Monday or whatever else featuring the books you got this week leave me a link as I’d love to check out your books too! ^_^ 

 Happy reading till next time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo