Monday 1 December 2014

November Round Up and Book of the Month


November's Book of the Month is Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch



Snow Like Ashes is *the* YA Fantasy Debut of 2014. A big claim, but I stand by it. I read lots of good reviews before picking this one up but I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I was totally swept away to this world which, if I had to describe it, would be a Frozen/Divergent/Graceling hybrid but also something completely new and different. I've already been pushing this book on to people and may have even bought somebody a copy for Christmas *coughs* because I just want people to read it so I can talk to them about it and because a book this good can't be missed! If you'd like to read more of my thoughts check out my review here.


*** Just read it *** 

 Read in November 
92.) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (4*)
93.) Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (5*)
94.) Christmas With Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher (4*)
95.) A Proper Family Christmas by Chrissie Manby (4*)
96.) Falling into Place by Amy Zhang (4*)
97.) The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (4.5*)
98.) The Great Christmas Knit Off by Alexandra Brown (4*)
99.) Solitaire by Alice Oseman (3*)
100.) The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (5*)

 *** In November I completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 100 books in 2014!!! ***


Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Best Writing: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
Best Cover: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Best Characters: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Best Ending: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Best Romance: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Most un-put-down-able: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Most Memorable: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Best Moral: A Proper Family Christmas by Chrissie Manby

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Snow Like Ashes, The Darkest Part of the Forest and The Retribution of Mara Dyer

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in December
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay

That's about it! Not many December releases.

 Let me know what you read and loved in November 
and what books you plan on reading to finish off the year!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo