Monday 5 January 2015

December Round Up and My Favourite Books of 2014

December's Book of the Month is The Girl on the Train 
by Paula Hawkins



The Girl on the Train is one of the first 2015 proofs that I read last year and it absolutely blew me away! 2014 was the year in which I rediscovered my love for adult thrillers and I have to say that The Girl on the Train is up there as one of my favourites next to the likes of Gone Girl and Little Lies. I think that this is going to be one of the big thriller releases for 2015. Luckily you don't have long to wait as it's published on the 15th of this month and my review for it will be up very soon!


Read in December
101.) My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (4*)
102.) Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates (4*)
DNF - Winterspell by Claire LeGrand
103.) It Must Have Been The Mistletoe by Judy Astley (3.5*)
104.) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (4.5*)
105.) Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner (4*)
106.) Inspire by Cora Carmack (4*)
107.) Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey by Ed Sheeran (3*)
108.) Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King (3.5*)

December Book Awards
Best Plot: Inspire by Cora Carmack
Best Writing: My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Best Cover: My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Best Characters: My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Best Ending: Inspire by Cora Carmack
Best Romance: My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Most un-put-down-able: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Most Memorable: Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates
Best Moral: Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: The Girl on the Train, Everyday Sexism and My True Love Gave To Me

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released/Reading in January 
Alice and the Fly by James Rice
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Three Amazing Things About You by Jill Mansell
The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin
Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
Breaking The Rules by Katie McGarry
The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell
The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson

Now moving on to my 14 favourite books read in 2014, some yearly awards and the all important 2014 book of the year!

 My Book of the Year for 2014 is Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor



It's funny because the first book in this series Daughter of Smoke and Bone was my book of the year back in 2011 and here we are again for the last book in this series. I read a lot of amazing books in 2014 that could easily have won but Dreams of Gods and Monsters (and the whole series in general) is just everything. It has everything I love and look for in books and Laini Taylor's writing is otherworldly in how good it is. One of my highlights for 2014 was actually getting to meet Laini and getting this series signed. She's a lovely lady and a huge talent and this is easily one of the best series I have ever read. Ever.

 My Favourite 14 Books Read in 2014 
(In Order) 
1.) Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor 
2.) The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes 
3.) Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 
4.) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas 
5.) Half Bad by Sally Green 
6.) Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers 
7.) The Dead Wife's Handbook by Hannah Beckerman 
8.) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 
9.) Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch 
10.) A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon 
11.) It's Not Me It's You by Mhairi McFarlane 
12.) To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 
13.) A Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke 
14.) Lobsters by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison 

2014 Book Awards 
Best Plot: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Writing: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Cover: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Best Characters: The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
Best Ending: A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon
Best Romance: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Most un-put-down-able: Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Most Memorable: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Best Moral: A Kiss in the Dark by Cat Clarke

 Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2015 has been good to you so far. 
I'm so excited for a brand new year of books and blogging!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo