Monday 3 August 2015

July Round Up and Book of the Month


July's Book of the Month is Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne



So July's Book of the Month will come as no surprise to people who read my 5 star review for Am I Normal Yet? last month. This was a very special book for me covering themes close to my heart: OCD and Feminism. It was one of those books that I connected so deeply with that I felt like it had been written especially for me. If you'd like to find out more about the book or read more of my thoughts on it check out my review here.

Me as I was reading this book
Read in July 
53.) A Proper Family Holiday by Chrissie Manby (3.5*)
54.) The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich (3.5*)
55.) Lorali by Laura Dockrill (4.5*)
56.) Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill (3.5*)
57.) Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne (5*)
58.) The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew (4.5*)
59.) Birdy by Jess Vallance (3*)
60.) First Class Murder by Robin Stevens (5*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: First Class Murder by Robin Stevens
Best Writing: Lorali by Laura Dockrill
Best Cover: Birdy by Jess Vallance
Best Characters: First Class Murder by Robin Stevens
Best Ending: Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
Best Romance: The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew
Most un-put-down-able: First Class Murder by Robin Stevens
Most Memorable: Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
Best Moral: Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Am I Normal Yet? First Class Murder and The Big Lie

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in August 
The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
Another Day by David Levithan
Darkmere by Helen Maslin
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
Firewalker by Josephine Angelini

 What did you read and love in July? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading in August?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo