Friday 2 October 2015

September Round Up and Book of the Month


September's Book of the Month is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller



September was SUCH a good reading month for me - I read so many 4.5 and 5 star reads that could totally deserve the spotlight for my book of the month and so it was really tough deciding. In the end I went for the book that, even when I think about it now, I get so emotional over and is so epic that I'd recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good story regardless of their usual genre preference. I was recommended this book by my lovely friend Sophie over at So Many Books, So Little Time, it's not my usual thing at all but I'm so glad that I trusted her and tried it because it's now an all time favourite book of mine. I could go on about this book all day but I'll leave you with the comment that this is one of the greatest love stories I've ever read and I'd highly recommend it if you're taking part in the LGBT Readathon this month.

Basically me throughout The Song of Achilles

Read in September 
72.) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (4.5*)
73.) Summer at Shell Cottage by Lucy Diamond (4*)
74.) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (5*)
75.) The Little Flower Shop by the Sea by Ali McNamara (3.5*)
76.) Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (4*)
77.) Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (4.5*)
78.) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (4.5*)
79.) The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (5*)
80.) Saga Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (4*)
81.) The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell (3.5*)
82.) Saga Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (4.5*)
83.) After You by Jojo Moyes (5*)
84.) Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (4*)

Monthly Book Awards 
Best Plot: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Best Writing: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Best Cover: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Best Characters: After You by Jojo Moyes
Best Ending: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Best Romance: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Most un-put-down-able: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Most Memorable: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Best Moral: After You by Jojo Moyes

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: The Song of Achilles, After You, The Well of Ascension

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in October 
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern
The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston

 What did you read and love in September? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading in October?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo