Friday 13 November 2015

Christmas With Cressida McLaughlin Author of A Christmas Tail

If you follow my blog then you'll probably know by now that I love Christmas in a big way and one of my favourite things to do during the countdown to Christmas is to snuggle up with a festive read. This year I decided to take it a step further and do a festive feature between now and Christmas getting some lovely authors who have Christmas books out this year to come on the blog and have a little chat with us about all things Christmassy and festive!

To debut this feature I have Cressida McLaughlin on the blog today talking about her book, what puppy she'd like to find underneath the Christmas tree and how she celebrates Christmas. So grab a hot chocolate, turn on your Christmas playlist and spend Christmas with Cressida McLaughlin.

 Christmas with Cressida McLaughlin


1.) A Christmas Tail was first released as four novellas. Did you know when starting this series that the final story would end at Christmas? What made you decide to conclude the series at this time of year?
Yes, when I started the Primrose Terrace series, I knew it would end at Christmas. Each story roughly covered a season, starting with spring, and Christmas seemed the perfect time to tie all the storylines together and for Cat to have her happy ending. There’s nothing more magical than a Christmas romance.

2.) How did you get into the festive spirit to write? 
I was writing the last part of the book in the hot, sultry August weather, so it was particularly hard to feel wintry! I put all my fairy lights on, and found a Christmas radio station so I could listen to Wham, Mariah Carey and Slade while I was writing. Once I got immersed in the story it was much easier, and I was quite surprised (and a bit disappointed) when I stopped writing for the day and discovered that I wasn’t in my woolly penguin socks, hibernating from a snowstorm.

3.) Which fictional character would you like to kiss underneath the mistletoe?
Oooh, my favourite kind of question! But also the hardest to answer, because how can I pick just one? It would either be John Thornton from North and South, or Ross Poldark. They’re both a bit brooding, but I’m sure they’d be excellent kissers, and would look lovely with snowflakes in their dark hair. What a lovely daydream.

4.) What would your dream puppy be to find underneath the tree this Christmas?
A cockapoo! I love them. I keep looking at photos, and “cockapoo puppies to buy” pages on the internet. They are the most adorable breed of dog.

5.) Favourite Christmas food and drink? 
Pigs in blankets are so delicious, and I love a traditional turkey dinner. Drink would be mulled wine or champagne. There is never a bad time for champagne, but it’s extra delicious drinking it next to a twinkling Christmas tree with your loved ones around you.

6.) Favourite Christmas movie?
Elf. It’s hilarious and romantic and magical and it leaves you with the warmest glow. You know you can really get into the festive spirit when Channel 4 shows Elf.

7.) Do you have any Christmas traditions?
My family always have boiled eggs with soldiers on Christmas morning. It’s a tradition handed down on my dad’s side of the family, and now I can’t imagine having anything else.

8.) What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
Do I have to narrow it down? I love snuggling up inside with my family, I love the colour and twinkle of Christmas lights. I love that everything sparkles, and I love London at Christmas. I love walking in the cold, with a woolly hat and scarf, and seeing the decorations and glow in windows, imagining everyone safe and warm and celebrating inside. Sigh. Is it December yet?

Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas with us Cressida! As a proud cockapoo owner I very much approve of your choice of puppy!

A Christmas Tail is available to buy from all good bookshops now. 
 Add A Christmas Tail on Goodreads here 
 Follow Cressida on Twitter @CressMcLaughlin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo