Wednesday 2 December 2015

November Round Up and Book of the Month


November's Book of the Month is Winter by Marissa Meyer



I don't want to say too much about why Winter is my book of the month, with it being the last book in a series I don't want to spoil anything, but if you haven't read this series yet please do! It's one of the few series where I feel like every book is as strong as the last. I originally wasn't sure about picking up this sci-fi fairytale series but I'm so glad that I gave it a go because it's become one of my all-time favourite series featuring some of my favourite characters. Despite four books and a 823 page finale I never want this fairy tale to end and am so sad that it's all over!


*** The End *** 

Read in November
98.) Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (4*)
99.) The House On Cold Hill by Peter James (3*)
100.) Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin (4*)
101.) Lily and the Christmas Wish by Keris Stainton (4*)
102.) A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard (4*)
103.) I Call Myself a Feminist edited by Victoria Pepe, Rachel Holmes, Amy Annette, Alice Stride and Martha Mosse (4*)
104.) The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson (3*)
105.) The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern (4*)
106.) The Secret by the Lake by Louise Douglas (4.5*)
107.) Winter by Marissa Meyer (5*)
108.) Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas Jumper by Debbie Johnson (3*)

Monthly Book Awards
Best Plot: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Best Writing: The Secret by the Lake by Louise Douglas
Best Cover: Lily and the Christmas Wish by Keris Stainton
Best Characters: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Best Ending: The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern
Best Romance: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Most un-put-down-able: The Secret by the Lake by Louise Douglas
Most Memorable: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Best Moral: I Call Myself a Feminist edited by Victoria Pepe, Rachel Holmes, Amy Annette, Alice Stride and Martha Mosse

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Winter, The Secret by the Lake and The Marble Collector 

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in December 
A Merry Mistletoe Wedding by Judy Astley
That's it! I'm going to be mainly catching up with older 2015 releases this month.

 What did you read and love in November? 
And what books are you planning to read to wrap up the year with?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo