Monday 4 April 2016

March Round Up and Book of the Month


March's Book of the Month is Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes



I'm so surprised by March's book of the month! I'm not the biggest fan of non-fiction and I bought this on the recommendation of Sophie (she has the best taste in audiobooks!) and because I love Shonda's TV show How to Get Away With Murder. I fell in love with Shonda Rhimes, a person I knew very little about before reading Year of Yes, as I got to know her through this book. She's such an inspirational lady - especially to introverts who like to live in their head rather than in the real world like me. It's not often that I call a book life changing but Year of Yes was for me. This is a must read for anyone who loves books about smart inspirational women. I now have the biggest girl crush on Shonda! If you haven't let Shonda Rhimes into your life either via this book or one of her epic TV shows yet then you should.

Words cannot explain how much I love How to Get Away With Murder
Read in March 
29.) The Martian by Andy Weir (4*) 
30.) A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (3.5*) 
31.) Leap of Faith by Candy Harper (4*) 
32.) In Her Wake by Amanda Jennings (4*) 
33.) All is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker (4.5*) 
34.) These Days of Ours by Juliet Ashton (4*) 
35.) Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes (5*) 
36.) Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes (4*) 
37.) Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge (4*) 
38.) When We Collided by Emery Lord (4.5*) 
39.) Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens (4*) 
40.) Pop Goes The Weasle by M.J. Arlidge (4.5*) 

Monthly Book Awards 
Best Plot: All is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker 
Best Writing: When We Collided by Emery Lord 
Best Cover: When We Collided by Emery Lord 
Best Characters: Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens 
Best Ending: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes 
Best Romance: These Days of Ours by Juliet Ashton 
Best Friendship: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes 
Most un-put-down-able: Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge 
Most Memorable: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes 
Best Moral: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes 

Top 3 Most Recommended Books: Year of Yes, When We Collided, All is Not Forgotten 

Books I’m Looking Forward to Being Released in April 
The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead 
The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer 
Head Over Heels by Holly Smale 
When She Was Bad by Tammy Cohen 
The Second Love of My Life by Victoria Walters 

 What was your favourite book of March? 
 And what are you looking forward to reading in April?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo