Monday 15 August 2016

Pokémon Go Book Tag



I'm so obsessed with Pokémon Go right now, so when I saw the Pokémon Go Book Tag created by Read at Midnight floating around social media I knew that I just had to do it! Pokémon and books? Yes please! Let's get started...
I have always loved reading since I was a little kid. When I was younger I remember being really obsessed with anything Roald Dahl especially The Twits, Matilda and The BFG, then as I got a bit older I discovered the Harry Potter series and Jacqueline Wilson's books and when I was in my early teens I fell in love with the Georgia Nicolson series by the late Louise Rennison and The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. These books were all so influential to me as a young reader and are what sparked my passion for reading.

 

I'm not a huge reader of the classics but two that I really enjoyed are Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier and I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.
I didn't necessarily lose interest in this one because it is everywhere, but it is one that lots of people love and I just don't get and that is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I read the first book in this series and it just didn't work for me so I won't be continuing on with it.

Two books that came out this summer that are very similar to one another are The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware and Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard, I've read them both and despite being similar I love them exactly the same.

I have been wanting to read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon for about eight years now and I've always put it off because it's a HUGE series with each book standing between 800-1000 pages. I really want to watch the TV series but I want to read the books first so I really need to get around to them soon!

A book that I read late into the night recently was The Graces by Laure Eve - I just had to know what was going on with this book! It was totally worth the late nights because it's turned out to be one of my favourite books of the year.

I have sooo many bookish OTP's! Instead of a big long list, I'm going to go with my most recently discovered couple Libby and Jack from Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven, they're so cute and perfect for each other!

A series I love for a quick, fast-paced read is the Saga series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. The plot and dialogue is always whip fast and entertaining and because they're graphic novels they are really quick little reads.

As someone who loved The Cursed Child and has a constant hunger for more books/movies/plays set in this world, I will never get tired of being in J.K Rowling's Wizarding World. Hogwarts really is my home.

A book that I really wasn't sure about when it first came out was Cinder by Marissa Meyer. The synopsis sounded really wacky and I wasn't interested in it at all. Then a few of my friends convinced me to give it a go and I loved it! I've now read the whole series and it's one of my favourites,

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson is a series that is so beloved and raved about and I'm very excited to get around to it. I've always been a bit intimidated by Brandon Sanderson's books but he's such an accessible High Fantasy author and after loving the Mistborn series I really want to read more by him.

There is an absolutely gorgeous collectors edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard that retails at most places for around £500. I love Harry Potter, but I don't love it that much.

There are already so many debut novels coming out next year that I'm really excited for but one that stands out to me is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. It sounds like such a magical fantasy and I'm so jealous of everyone who has a proof copy already!

I have a lot of favourite authors who are auto-buy for me but the author whose books I have bought religiously since I first discovered her writing at thirteen years old are Sarah Dessen's.


Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor - March 2017 seems like forever away!

This was such a fun and creative tag! 
Be sure to check out the original post here and if you'd like to do it then consider yourself tagged
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo